Last updated: 29/05/2021
1.1 ZIGGU, Private limited company, with company number VAT BE0699.472.839 with registered office at 9000 Ghent (Belgium), Nieuwewandeling 62, acts as controller for the processing of personal data on this website. This privacy statement applies to the personal data that we process about you as a controller in the context of our commercial activities.
1.2 We hereby make every effort to respect the data protection legislation and in particular the General Data Protection Regulation 2016/679 of 27 April 2016 (“GDPR”) and strive to always process your personal data with the necessary care and confidentiality.
1.3 Through this privacy statement we wish to inform you about how and why we process your personal data, to whom we pass this information on, what your rights are and who you can contact for more information.
1.4 This website may contain links to other websites. Although we try to provide only links to safe websites, we are not responsible for the content and data protection policies of these websites.
2. What personal data can we process?
The processing of personal data (hereinafter “data”) includes any processing of data that can identify you as a natural person. For example, it could be your contact details or order history. You can read more about which data is involved in this Privacy Statement. The term 'processing' is very broad and covers, among other things, the collection, storage, use of your data, or sharing it with third parties. Ziggu only processes your personal data in the context of its commercial activities as a company.
2.1 Data we process from our customers and suppliers as data controller:
- Contact person with contact details such as name, address, telephone number, e-mail address;
- Payment and billing information;
- Communication data, order and transaction history;
- Data related to the execution of the main activity;
- contract details;
2.2 Data we process from the users of our platform:
- Contact information, including address, email address, telephone number;
- All data that is loaded on the platform, including photos, construction plans, agreements…Communication about the platform;
- Login data
2.3 Data we process from job applicants:
- Identification data: name, address, telephone number, e-mail address;
- Personal details: age, gender, date of birth, nationality;
- Work-related data: Curriculum vitae, education, certificates and points lists, language skills, professional career, publications, portfolio;
- Personality profile: Cover letter, hobbies, social activities, personality, job interview notes;
- Photos and video images that you yourself would provide to us in the context of your application.
2.4 When you contact us regarding this website, we will collect any personal data you provide to us (name, e-mail address, telephone number, store choice, message content, etc.)
2.5 In addition, we may also collect data about the use of this website via cookies and log files in order to improve performance and appearance. For more information about this topic, you can consult the cookie statement (https://ziggu.io/cookie-policy).
If we process your IP address, we use IP masking so that the last two digits of your IP address are not stored. In this way, your anonymity is guaranteed to the maximum.
3. For what purposes may we process your personal data?
3.1 The personal data is only processed within the framework of the company and in particular for the following purposes:
- Making a platform available to customers and the users of the platform;
- Comply with administrative and tax obligations;
- Communication with customers and prospects;
- Handling questions, requests and complaints about this website;
- Collecting statistics about the use of this website;
- To improve the performance and appearance of this website and to guarantee the security of this website.
4. On what legal grounds do we process your personal data?
We may process personal data for the above purposes based on the following processing grounds:
4.1. Necessary for the execution of an agreement:
- Negotiating, entering into, performing or terminating the agreement with the customers, including answering your questions about, requesting relevant information in the context of the agreement, fulfilling our pre-contractual obligations, the formation of the agreement and communication about our services;
- Customer management and supply management during the execution of the agreement;
- Users of the platform must accept the terms and conditions before creating an account.
4.2. Legal requirements:
To comply with the obligations imposed on the Controller in the context of legal and administrative obligations and to comply with tax and accounting obligations.
4.3. Legitimate interest:
- Contacting customers for commercial purposes;
- Improving the quality of our services and website;
- Ensuring the security of the website and the visit;
- The retention and use of evidence in the context of liability, litigation or dispute and for the purpose of archiving the company's activities.
- Contacting prospects for commercial purposes;
- Posting photos on our social media channels;
- Data of job applicants will only be kept after the selection procedure with permission;
- For the placing of cookies that are not strictly necessary, explicit permission is requested.
5. To whom can we pass on your personal data?
5.1 We do not pass on your data to third parties, unless this is strictly necessary in light of the above purposes, or if we are legally obliged to do so.
5.2 Where necessary, we call on external service providers, so-called “processors”, to support our services. These external service providers may carry out certain processing of data on our behalf. We will only share your data with these third-party service providers to the extent necessary for the purpose in question. The data may not be used by them for other purposes. In addition, these service providers are contractually bound to guarantee the confidentiality of your data by means of a so-called “processor agreement” concluded with these parties.
6. Is your personal data protected?
6.1 We take strict technical and organizational (security) measures to protect your personal data from access by unauthorized persons, unlawful processing, misuse, damage, loss and destruction.
6.2 These measures include, among others:
- Training to relevant staff members to ensure they are aware of our data protection obligations when handling personal data;
- Administrative and technical controls to limit access to personal data to what is necessary;
- Technical security measures, including passwords, firewalls, anti-virus software, identification and authentication tools and encryption both while performing our activities and on the platform.
7. For how long do we store your personal data?
We do not keep your data longer than necessary for the purpose for which the data was collected and processed, as specified above.
With regard to the data on the platform, you always have the option to close your account. The data is kept as long as the account is active. You will be notified when the account is automatically closed.
Your data that may appear to a limited extent in our accounting records about you, as our customer or business partner, will be kept for 7 years in the context of our legal obligations in this regard.
For your data that we keep about you as a job applicant, we commit ourselves to delete your data within a reasonable period of time, if it does not initially come to a collaboration. However, if in this case you give your specific permission to keep your data so that we can contact you again later, we will keep your data for a maximum of 2 years.
8. Is your personal data used for automated decision-making?
8.1 Automatic decisions are decisions about individuals that are based solely on the automated processing of personal data and that produce legal effects significantly affecting the individuals concerned.We do not use personal data for automated decision-making on this website and for the execution of our services.
9. What rights do you have?
You have various rights with regard to the data that we process about you. If you wish to invoke one of the following rights, please contact us using the contact details included in Title 10 of this Privacy Statement.
9.1. Right of access and copy
You have the right to view your data and to receive a copy of it. This right also includes the possibility to request further information about the processing of your data, including with regard to the categories of data that are processed and for what purposes.
9.2. Right of adjustment or rectification
You have the right to have your data adjusted if you believe that we have incorrect data.
9.3. Right to erasure (right to be forgotten)
You have the right to request that we delete your data without undue delay. However, we will not always be able to comply with such a request, including when we still need the data in function of an ongoing agreement, or when keeping certain data for a certain period of time is legally required.
9.4. Right to restriction of processing
You have the right to restrict the processing of your data. In this way, the processing is temporarily stopped until, for example, there is certainty about its correctness.
9.5. Right to withdraw your consent
Where the processing is based on your consent, you have the right to withdraw this consent at any time by contacting us.
9.6. Right to object
You have the right to object to the processing of your data which is based on our legitimate interests. This should be done for reasons specific to your situation. In this case, we must stop processing unless we demonstrate compelling legitimate grounds to continue processing.
9.7. Right to portability
You have the right to receive your data that you yourself have provided to us in electronic form. In this way they can easily be transferred to another organization. You also have the right to request us to transfer your data directly to another organization, if this is technically possible.
9.8. Right to lodge a complaint with your supervisory authority
If you believe that we are processing your data incorrectly, you have the right to lodge a complaint with your data protection supervisory authority. You can do this with the supervisory authority of the EEA Member State where you usually reside, where you have your place of work or where the alleged infringement was committed. Since we mainly conduct our activities from Belgium, we refer below to the contact details of the Belgian Data Protection Authority.
Belgische Gegevensbeschermingsautoriteit (GBA)
+32 (0)2 274 48 00
GBA website - file a complaint
For further information and the contact details of the supervisory authority of each EEA member state, please refer to this website page of the European Data Protection Board with all relevant contact details. In addition, you can always turn to the competent civil court to file a claim for compensation.
9.9. How can you exercise your rights?
When you submit a request to exercise your rights, if we have any doubts about your identity, we will ask you to verify it. In this case, we will request that you provide documents that enable your identification beyond reasonable doubt, such as a copy of the front of your identity card. We do this to prevent your data from ending up in the wrong hands. It is sufficient that your name and date of birth are clearly legible on such a copy. You may also delete the other data.
The exercise of your rights is in principle free of charge. However, where your request is manifestly unfounded or excessive, we may charge you a reasonable fee in light of our administrative costs. In the same case, however, we can also choose not to comply with your request. If necessary, you will be informed of the reasons for this.
In any case, we will always inform you of the follow-up given within a period of 1 month after receipt of your request. In case of complex or frequent requests, this period can be extended to 3 months. In the latter case, you will be informed about the extension of the response period.
10. How can you contact us?
10.1 If you have any questions about this privacy statement and this website in general, you can contact us by sending an e-mail to email@example.com or by sending a written request to: Ziggu BV, Nieuwewandeling 62, 9000 Ghent, Belgium.
11.1 We may amend this privacy statement from time to time. With every change we will adjust the date of revision of this page. The amended privacy statement will then apply from this date. Please check this page regularly to stay informed of changes and additions.